July 21, 2005
Possibly, The Best Actor Ever...
Alan Rickman. Sigh...

Thursday is cleaning day in my household, and cleaning day usually requires the insertion of at least one Jane Austen DVD. This week, it was Sense and Sensibility, and my adoration of Alan Rickman was brought to the front of my rather foggy brain once again.

I must confess, I am far more enamored of Col. Brandon than that pansy, Edward. Brandon is a man's man. He's been in the military, loved, lost, and survived. Then he comes along and loves Marianne like a woman wants to be loved. Not that this is surprising, considering (in my opinion, anyway) Ms. Austen wrote romance the way it really ought to be. Any man who doesn't get women, well, he just needs to go bone up on his Jane Austen and he'll get along quite nicely.

Anyway, I'm writing about Alan, not Jane. In Robin Hood, he was funny and crass. In Sense and Sensibility, terribly romantic (I must confess, I have quite a crush on him in this role) and now, in the Harry Potter movies, he is the nasty villain, Snape, who causes me to swing from hope to hatred. I don't think they could have cast a better actor for the part. Alas, which will it be in the end, good or bad? I don't know, but I am sure he will play it out magnificently!

Now- to a completely different subject! Something is wrong with me. I want to sleep, sleep, sleep all the time.

I'm not pregnant, I'm not under a particularly high amount of stress, I don't feel depressed, I eat plenty so I shouldn't be suffering from malnutrition, and I'm not completely sedentary.

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with me and how to fix it?