August 6, 2005
Blue Monkey Helmet
Today was a pretty relaxed kind of day around our house. L got us McDonald's for breakfast and then we hung out around the house for the morning. We wanted to go on a bike ride, but since we don't have a seat for Hatchling, we couldn't. We did, however, rectify this for future occasions by ordering a seat off of the internet, and then going to a local store to get a helmet. It is blue with pictures of monkeys playing music on it. Very classy....

Hatchling was much more interested in the pink bike with the flowerdy basket and streamers coming out of the handles than he was his helmet. They didn't have any little BOY bikes, just pink ones. Cause boys don't like bikes? I don't know. Anyway, he kept going back to it and wanting us to put him on it, so we did. One woman commented (in a joking, but still rather hopeful way) "Surely you aren't going to buy that for him?" I laughed and told her no, I was not. I wouldn't do that to him.

The best, or rather the funniest, thing about Hatchling's helmet is that it fits me. Yep, that's right. I have a noggin roughly the same size as my 18- month old child. I should note that said child's noggin is like his daddy's, which is GIGANTIC, but well proportioned to his body.

All I have to say about that is THANK YOU GOD THAT I HAD A C- SECTION!