October 12, 2005
She's Every Woman
This just in from CNN. All I have to say about Michelle Duggar is that she is WAY more woman than I will ever be....

Mom delivers 16th child, thinking of more

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.
"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said in a telephone interview.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.
9 Comments:
Blogger Jill said...
I just heard this story on the local news during the last commercial and they'll be doing a story on them at 10pm. I'll be watching. These people, crazy though they may be, fascinate the gibbers out of me! More power to her cause I know there's no way I could EVER do that! Nor do I have any desire!!!!

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Okay, THIS post should have earned the title, "I Just Don't Get It" - enough, already! I mean, yeah - kids are great, yada yada - but hello? Population boom? They've replaced themselves 4 times over now...

Nope.

I just don't get it.

Blogger Carbon said...
I'm with you Becky. But, as long as they continue to take care of themselves financially, I could care less how many children they have.

I feel sorry for the kiddos though. I'm sure the older ones have to do a lot of work instead of being allowed to be just kids. They could always get therapy later and blame their parents :)

Blogger Hillary said...
You know, have as many kids as you want, as long as you can support htem, but for heaven's sake, don't make your family some kind of excercise in a THEME. All J names? Come on! With 2 or three it might not be as obvious, but SIXTEEN? Yikes! :P

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
I must add one more thing - what the hell kind of name is "Jinger," please?

And "Johannah?" Please. If you have to come up with a name like "Jinger," then for the love of all that's holy, leave the "normal" names alone.

Hey, I've got a few suggestions for their next litter - how about: Jezebel
Jericho
JimminyCricket
Jack-in-the-box
Jellybeans
Jigglypuff...
and for the twins, of course, "Jumpin" and "Jehosophat."

(*big giant eye roll in My Town*)

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
OH! And since they have a "Joy-Anna" and a "Johannah," how about a "Juh-OI!annnnhuuhh?"

(I could go on all night with this...)

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
You slay me Bleu...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
seriously - this woman has got to be out of her mind. i'm developing a migraine just thinking about all of the grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, i mean how the hell do these people find time to have sex anyway?!?!

Blogger Jill said...
Jumpin and Jehosophat!! AAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That's perfect!! And my question is not when they TIME for sex, but where in the world to they find a PLACE for it! Seriously! I passed their old house EVERY DAY and I am here to tell you that it couldn't have been more than 2000 square feet at the VERY most! Did they find a closet or something?!