November 29, 2005
What Would You Do?
Here's a little Tuesday survey for you.

Last night, L and I pulled our refrigerator out to put in a special energy saving plug thingy. Once the beast was moved, there were a few things behind it from the previous owners. These items were a shoulder pad, a yellow balloon, and an envelope. Inside the envelope (which had the previous owner's name printed on the outside), were seven crisp and beautiful one hundred dollar bills.

We know the couple's phone number, and we know where they live. Returning the money would be simple. So what would you do, dear readers?
9 Comments:
Blogger Jill said...
Oh my goodness! How in the world did an envelope with $700 get behind the refrigerator?! I would call them. Since you know how to get in touch with them, you could be Santa to them in a $700 kind of way.

Blogger Toni said...
How could anyone miss $700 and not have turned the house inside out to find it?!? That must have been back there awhile...
Of course you're going to return it?

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Return it, hands down. My conscience wouldn't even allow me to consider keeping it. :) They'll be thrilled to get it back, no doubt, as would I had I been the one to lose it.

Blogger Gem said...
I would call them ASAP, $700 would be a lifesaver this time of year!

Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...
I would return it...

and now I am going to go move my refridgerator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
return it...in the hopes that they would say
"WOW! Such honesty as never been seen before. Keep the money as a reward for your good deed".

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Return it. It's moments like these that I think God is hanging over the banister, watching very, very carefully - and what is 700 dollars to another jewel in your heavenly crown?

Silly - as if you really considered keeping it!

Blogger Hillary said...
How cool that would be to be able to go, "Oh hey, by the way, here's $700!"

I mean, yeah, it was theirs in the first place, but it won't be seen as that. That would be like winning a little lottery!

I like Arficableu's comparison! Go with that! :) (And keep us posted!)

Blogger ~cjoy said...
I would probably secretly wonder if the money was planted to see if it ever got returned. But then, who can throw around $700 for something like that, right? heehee!