December 19, 2005
Are You Still Out There?
I apologize for my recent lack of posts. Every time I go to write something, I see the previous post and I get all emotional and can't say anything else. I know, I'm a freak.

So we are still feeling pretty strongly about adoption. Now we just have to figure out how to come up with cash. It will most likely be a few months before we know for sure if we can swing it or not. We haven't even had to make our new house payment yet, so we aren't sure how tight things really are. But you don't care about that.

Unfortunately, I don't have many interesting things to say today. We had Christmas with L's godparents this past weekend, and Hatchling is pretty Elmo-ed up. He has added an Elmo cell phone, Elmo Shout! doll, Elmo singing book, and Elmo outfit to his growing collection of Elmo paraphernalia. My son is doing his part to keep Sesame Street afloat, I'll tell you. He is just so cute though, it's hard to begrudge him his Elmo's.

Speaking of Hatchling and his Elmo's, I thought I would share with you the insert he sent out in our Christmas cards this year.

Christmas 2005

Dear Folks,
This year, I asked Mommy and Daddy if I could be the one to type up the Christmas card insert. Now that I am almost two years old, I think I have a pretty good handle on the situation here in the Slushville. After all, I do have everyone running to and fro at my slightest whimper. All I have to say is "NANA," and lo, someone feeds me a banana. Drat if I can't get my mom to feed me more than three or four bananas a day, though. In the coming year, I hope to work up to six or seven a day. Just you wait until I learn to
climb up on that kitchen counter. I will eat bananas and watch Elmo and be invincible!
This past year, I've learned to walk, run, and climb. Just yesterday, I hopped up on a
ladder my silly Daddy left in the living room. I nearly scared my mama to death. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw me on the top rung! I reckon' she'll be gray in no time at all. I am also starting to talk. Really, I have a fine grasp of the English language (as evidenced by this astonishing document), but I have observed that the more helpless I act, the more I am catered to. Why mess with a good thing?
Well, I guess that is all for now. I hope you all have a good Christmas. I am thankful for baby Jesus, and for all the Elmo toys I expect to get on Christmas morning.
Love, Hatchling


Merry Christmas from the Slushville!
May Christ's blessings be upon you and your family during this holiday season!

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
Psalm 126:3

2 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
I'll be praying for you. God always makes a way for his plans to be accomplished. *hugs!*

Great new design, by the way! :D

Blogger Carbon said...
WOw, this is the happiest lookin blog I've seen in a long time :) I hope it will lift your spirits.