December 1, 2005
Cancelled... Again
So tomorrow was supposed to be my first day of my new "job". For kicks and money, I am going to start watching two other little boys in my home on Fridays. This was supposed to start a couple of weeks ago, but thanks to Hatchling's liberal germ- sharing philosophy, I was less than up to the task. The mother was kind enough to let me off the hook, and we rescheduled for this week.

She called tonight to tell me that the oldest (a darling of five) has the startings of foot and mouth disease (is that what it's called? Something like that, anyway). He is getting all spotty, so they aren't coming tomorrow. We've rescheduled for next week, but we're wondering, is God trying to tell us something?

In other news, L is leaving for Las Vegas on Sunday.

Uh huh, that's kind of how I feel. Have those have stupid "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" commercials ruined everyone's sense of peace about the place? That could be the worst marketing campaign ever. Or it could be brilliant, I don't know.

He had the opportunity to go for basically free, so it was hard for him to turn down. Bring on the strippers! No really, if you are a stripper in Las Vegas reading this, keep your grubby mitts off my husband. Don't make me come out there....