January 18, 2006
Late Night
It's 3:07 a.m. as I begin to type, and I've barely been to bed.

The husband and I turned in about 12, but then the boy prince decided to wake up and cough up a lung. I mean, seriously. I've been up with him for the last hour, re- reading The Greedy Python for the 137th time today, checking Elmo's temperature for what has to be an uncomfortable number of times, and using the snot- sucker to clear his airways. Hatchling's that is, not Elmo's.

I believe the boy is finally going to sleep. Poor kid. He has this awful cough. Not an 'I can't breathe cough', just a nice 'there is snot at the back of my throat and maybe, just maybe, if I cough hard enough to gag, I will dislodge it and all my worries will be over'. We've gagged, but the snot is still there.
1 Comments:
Blogger Gem said...
Oh, I've been there this past weekend too! Our little guy (2yo) has been all gunked up while his older sis had strep. I took him in yesterday, just praying no strep and no ear infections (he had them every other month his first year). Hallelujah, just a 'flu-like bug' the ped said. A little annoying b/c you can't really give them anything to end it sooner, but at least no infections. Just snot, snot, and more snot!