February 27, 2006
Give Me That Lego, Or I'll Break Your Rubbery Kneecaps!
I actually made it to the gym this morning.

This will make my husband happy, as he has paid somewhere in the ballpark of $800 for me to go about 12 times in the last year. And I wonder why I'm fat... Anyway, two unpleasant things happened while I was there.

First, they told me that apparently they had been failing to draft the money we (supposedly) were paying for childcare, so they would be rectifying that in the near future. Great. Plus I had to up it to include my niece, who will become a regular part of our daytime household tomorrow when her mommy goes back to work. What should we call her? Hmmm... I'll have to put some thought into that. Now L will really be on my case to go to the gym!

Second, and far more disturbing, Hatchling was the subject of an Incident Report. I don't know how other gyms work, but at ours, 3 strikes and you're out. My bully of a son apparently pushed and knocked down a little boy, and seeing that was not enough to cause an incident report to be filed, he then pinched and drew blood from a little girl. What the crap?

Hatchling is a pretty rough and tumble little fellow, but we have never seen this sort of behavior from him. He is an angel at the church nursery, and when I babysit other kids he is great. So, I'm not sure what got in to him. When I went to pick him up he was really happy to see me. I should have known he was in trouble. Why else would he want to leave the big jungle gym thing unless he was in trouble?

You know, we have really been struggling with whether or not we should maintain our gym membership. Maybe Hatchling is going to make the decision for us.

And now, I'm off to shower and eat my Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza. This afternoon, I will be taking my car in for an oil change and meeting the painter who painted my house. I'm hoping he can tell me what colors are in here so we can finally get some touch up paint going. My life is just fraught with excitement. I know you're jealous.