March 27, 2006
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Asthma
Hatchling woke up many, many times Saturday night, screaming his displeasure for all to hear. By Sunday morning, he had the exact same symptoms with which he was hospitalized in February. I called our clinic's on-call Dr., and they sent me to one of those cash clinics that is open on the weekend. We did a breathing treatment there and were sent home.

He wasn't much better this morning, so I took him to our Dr. (actually, not our Dr., because he had a brain tumor and is only working a little bit, but our interim 'our Dr.'). She thinks Hatchling has the kind of asthma that is brought on by other sickness, and we are going to have to learn how to do breathing treatments at home for him. She thinks he will outgrow it sometime in grade school, so that at least is good news. A nebulizer is on its way to me now. Woohoo- the fun just never stops here in Slushville.

On a completely different subject, I had TiVo record Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for me yesterday, as I have never seen it. For some reason, they took out the subtitles and dubbed it (I assume because the majority of Americans would be outraged if they actually had to read a movie?). Anyway, I hope it was better with subtitles. The version I watched was nothing short of ridiculous, and I'm a pretty artsy kind of person. I did like how everyone could fly though. Methinks that would rock.

While watching the end with me today, Hatchling kept thinking Chow Yun- Fat was his daddy. I guess they do look a little alike...
2 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
Yes, do definitely see it with the subtitles. You still may not like it, but at least you'll be not liking it in its original language!

:)

And yes, I can see the resemblance!

Blogger Hillary said...
oooh. Original language all the way! I saw "Life is Beautiful" in Itallian in the theatres and then saw it again at a friend's place on video. The friend had picked up the dubbed version and it was AWFUL!

Thanks for your encouragement today! It was very much appreciated! :)