March 5, 2006
Hungry, Hungry Hippo
Today starts the beginning of the Hippo Diet. Since I love a good contest, and have always wanted to be part of the in crowd, I'm jumping on the proverbial bandwagon. I need to lose about 10 lbs to be where I want to be, so here goes!

I personally will be counting Weight Watchers points. I think you should all join in on the madness, because what woman doesn't want to lose some weight? It will be more fun if we do it together. Come on, you know you want to! That way, when I get crabby from the hunger, you will be crabby from the hunger also. And you'll get me. It's really a brilliant plan.

According to the Queen's decree, I have to post a before (i.e., fat) picture. I was too lazy to have L take one of me this weekend, so I'm going to use an older one. This is from my friend Newlywed's wedding last July, where I felt like a hippo next to her 84 lb sister. If you look closely, you can see my large arm and the fat spilling from the sides of my bodice.

Bodice is a word I really feel that I don't get to use often enough. I mean, aside from romance novels, where it is being rended apart in a frenzy of passion, there's really not much need for the word, is there?

The bouquet nicely disguises my post- baby midsection, for which I am grateful. Don't you think the bride looks lovely? I really hate being photographed with her...

So here we go girls! Lets get skinny like the trophy wives we hope our husbands never have! Woohoo!!!
8 Comments:
Blogger Toni said...
Well, "the bride" has gained at least 12 pounds since that day and wants to take it off. I'm already hungry, by the way. Dieting SUCKS. I mean, yummm, carrots and water.

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm hungry too. And it's only day one.
Excellent "bodice" work in!

Blogger Jill said...
Where to begin????

Same EXACT thing happened to me at VS! After the baby, weighing the SAME as I did before the baby, I had grown to a 38C! What the filth?!

Where in the world is the person that said you're supposed to only wear a bra for 3 months? OMG! If that seriously is the case, my bras are about 4 years too old.

I am also doing Weight Watchers, sort of, and have managed to keep off 5 lbs from the time I started about a month ago. Now that I know there are others, I will continue in my quest for skinnyness. However, if you think you are fat in that picture, I will no longer be posting pictures of myself for anyone to see because apparently, I'm a cow!!

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
It's the bouquet, I tell you! A very clever technique to make yourself look skinnier.

Blogger Violet the Verbose said...
You people crack me up. You all look fabulous. I must let you know that if you wish to use the word "bodice" more often, all you have to do is get in touch with some sew-and-sews who work Renaissance Faire. hee. Even some of the guys sew, and can give you plenty of excuses to use the word "bodice" in conversation. When I used to work Northern CA Faire, we called that fantastic moment at the end of the day when we could loosen our bodice ties and let the boobs free, an "out of bodice experience." ha ha!

Blogger Christina said...
You are one great looking woman! But I still wish you all the luck in reaching your goal! :)

And I totally use bodice all the time. Of course, I did work at a renaissance festival for 10 years, and still sew costumes for it on occassion. It's a word that needs to be brought back into use.

Blogger Carbon said...
I think you look great! But I understand about that 10 pounds. I got more than that for sure! ugh. good luck :)