April 9, 2006
Another Sunday...
Another Sunday has come and gone. Another open house, preceded by cleaning and straightening and the lighting of buttercream flavored candles, to make it smell homey, you know.

The real estate market is slowing down here, which particularly sucks for me, as I want our house to sell so badly.

I know that God's will will be done in our lives. I trust (intellectually, at least) that it will all be OK, and that it will be done in God's time, not mine. Emotionally however, I am a different story. I want our house to sell so badly that I can barely breathe. I want my perfect house in our old neighborhood so badly that I can barely breathe. A girl can only go so long without breathing.

God, I trust you. I know that You will bless our lives because we are choosing to invest more of our earthly treasures in Your kingdom rather than in the materialism of this fleeting life. But please, if You could take some time out to make it happen quickly, this girl who can barely catch her breath would sure appreciate it. Amen.

And now, I will finish watching the Masters, and then I will go to TGIFriday's for a steak and brownie obsession. If you can't breathe, you should at least be able to eat well.
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hello! I found you through Ellen's site. I hope your home sells soon! We had to move to a new home before our other one sold (my husband had to start his job), and our house was on the market for 70 days. It was incredibly stressful. I just kept praying that God would bring the right person/family to us at just the right time (God's time, not mine), and that's exactly what happened. In fact, we were considering another offer (one that was really to low with lots of "strings" attached) when another couple swooped in and outbid them--for more than we'd listed the house! We finally closed on the home last week, and it ended up being an extremely uncomplicated deal. I'm so grateful it's all over with. Just keep trusting God with it. And enjoy that brownie!

Blogger Carbon said...
I have an urge to eat some chocolate.

It will work out one way or another Slush. It will. Hold on tight!

Blogger Amy said...
God will work it all out, but it is hard to wait, isn't it? Good thing there's chocolate around to help ya cope!

P.S. Weren't the Masters wonderful!?