April 13, 2006
Murphy's Law of Adoption
We are closing on our lot this afternoon and I have all of our adoption paperwork pretty close to done. We were planning on adopting a little boy from South Korea. Naturally, I got an email from the agency I had decided to use yesterday, saying that they were temporarily closing their Korea program.

We have to make some big decisions here in Slushville. We can still use our agency if we get our stuff in by the 18th, it will just be a long wait (longer than the 27ish months we were anticipating). Or, we could use another agency who isn't closing their Korea program, but there is a good chance that agency will run into the same problems with timetables. Or, we could chose a different country, and maybe a different agency too. And we have to make one of those choices really fast because of the 18th deadline. Oh dear. As if I'm not already a basket case...

We would love to adopt a little boy from India (because of my affinity for Bollywood and Chicken Tikka Masala), but you either have to get a toddler or a baby with "minor to major special needs," whatever that means. Which is astonishing considering the 12 million or so children which are abandoned each year in India, but I digress...

And now, I get to go clean my attic! Don't you wish you were here? Here is where the fun happens. I am the epicenter of world wide spring cleaning fun! Yay!
4 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
Wow--those are tough decisions when you think about how your life and the life of this whole other person will be changing course! I know that God will guide you as you make them, and sustain you as you live them out!

God bless!

Blogger Amy said...
I could be wrong, but maybe there is no "wrong" decision here? I mean, no matter what you choose here, you are taking in and loving a child who needs it. God will guide you, Katrina is right.

Hang in there!

Blogger Hillary said...
Wow! I know you know God's in control of it, but wouldn't it be nice sometimes if he let us in on his plan? He always does, jsut not with our timing. :) Hugs to you. I'll pray for you and your family!

Blogger Hillary said...
oh yeah, and WHEEEE for cleaning out the attic! I have to atack my room today. It's not pretty!