April 3, 2006
My Gift
I'm sure you are all tired of hearing about my house situation. Get over it... You're going to hear some more.

We have a contract on our lot, praise God, which should close by the end of next week. As soon as we have closed, we are ready to start the adoption process. I have chosen our adoption agency, so we will just have to send in our application and let those slow, slow wheels start turning.

Our personal house is still on the market. L and both feel that it is the right thing for us to downsize. We want to live a more biblical lifestyle, and I think this is a good start for us. There is a lot of good we could do with a mortgage considerably smaller than the one we currently have.

We had an Open House yesterday, and only one person came to it. However, the one person was a man who owns his current home free and clear and wants to keep it as a rental (read- no contingencies on selling it- hallelujah!). He made an offer on another house on our street last year but didn't get it (read- he is a serious looker), and he told L that he was for sure interested. He just wants to check with a friend who was wanting to rent his house and see if that is a go.

I know I shouldn't get excited. Have you ever seen Anne of Green Gables? I'm just like her. I think it is better to soar on the wings of eagles when happy even at the risk of sinking to the depths of despair in sadness, rather than never knowing those highs and lows (OK- she said it better, but you get the idea). Is it too much to hope that God has sent the perfect person? I'm praying quite fervently that it is so.

We were also able to walk through the house in our old neighborhood which we are interested in yesterday. It was PERFECT. The perfect blend of our dream house and what we feel is practical. I loved it. L loved it. It was just so wonderful. I am so scared it will not be on the market when our house sells.

But, I know that God will be faithful. We have pure hearts in that we want to be able to give more to Kingdom Causes, and I am sure God will honor those. Maybe not in the way I currently want or think, but whatever happens, I know He will make things right in the end. He says to test Him in giving, and that's what we are trying to do!

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." Malachi 3:10 (NIV)

I've never done one of those tests or bible studies to find out my spiritual gifts, and I have never really felt like I had one. I just read today in Romans that giving is a spiritual gift. Maybe I'm stupid for not realizing that sooner, but I have to tell you, I think it may be mine! I love, love, love to give things to people! I'm so excited to feel like I actually have a gift! I've always wanted one! And L is feeling like, after our own financial house is in order, that he wants to be part of a team at our church which helps other people with financial issues. He would be so perfect for that!

OK, I'll stop for now. If anyone is interested in hearing a great sermon on giving as a lifestyle, you can download one here. Pick "The Treasure Principle," which is the last one in the first section. L and listened to it on our drive back from Dallas yesterday, and we really enjoyed it.
2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
The home buying and selling process is so mentally and emotionally draining. It sounds like you have the right attitude, though! Good luck.

Blogger Amy said...
I needed to read this today! Thanks!

Good luck with the selling - it sounds like God is opening the doors to lead the way for you!

God bless!