July 28, 2006
And now, time out from our regularly scheduled program for some shamless product placements...
Earlier this month, I had a birthday. For my birthday, I received the best gift ever- cash.

Here's what I spent it on:

It's a wireless grill thermometer. You stick the probe into your meat, tell the ipod-looking thingy how you want it cooked, and then keep the ipod part with you. It beeps when your food is done, and voila- juicy and not overcooked chicken (as is my habit, since I am scared of the raw chicken diseases)! I can't wait to cook steaks to order with it!

Not for my birthday, I picked up some of this at Walmart:


It's Neutrogena Weightless Volume Wax-free mascara. I haven't been able to wear mascara for years as it makes my delicate eye tissues feel like they are on fire, but this totally doesn't bother me. And, it looks really natural, you know, as if I had nice eyelashes. So go, buy some today, just so they won't stop making it. Do it for me.

Happy weekend!!!
4 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
I'm game for the mascara - I don't usually wear it either, but it's more because I haven't found any I like. It's worth a try!! :)

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Ooh! Ooh! I have that mascara! It is a thousand times easier to wipe clean and I am a fan. Maybe not as thick and dark and whatnot as others, but I like it!

Blogger Jill said...
Girls! Girls! Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara is the only mascara worth having!!!! One coat of that stuff and it looks amazing and it doesn't clump up on the wand. Of course, I'm totally partial, but still. Even if I didn't sell it, I would buy it because I never realized the difference in mascaras until I tried this one. Seriously.

Blogger Hillary said...
wow, that meat thermometer is cool! I would never have guessed what it was without the description, though. I totally thought is was an MP3 player or something.

And woohoo for the mascara! I'll have to go check it out... mine really should be replaced!