July 21, 2006
The big day **updated**
I'm off to get my hair cut! I mean really cut (I think)! I take with me my husband's approval, but also his dislike (perhaps disdain would be a better word?). He fell in love with me when I didn't have long hair...presumably, he will still love me after today.

Since all of my hair (yes, every single strand) fell out after I stopped breastfeeding, I have all of these baby hairs that are about 3 inches long and just LOVE to frizz. I figure even if I end up growing it out again, at least all my hairs can grow out (and frizz) together in a more organized manner. I hate things that aren't organized.

Here's my before picture. My hair isn't fixed, but 6 out of 7 days I don't bother ('tis the curse of motherhood!), so this is a pretty true representation.


I go armed with some pictures, but I'm still not exactly sure which way I'm going with the whole style thing. L votes for anything with "shag" in it. Men...

Cross your fingers for me (particularly since Hatchling is coming too)! As long as I'm not too hideous, I'll post an after pic this afternoon!

******Update******


I think it looks cuter in person... but that could just be me. The best part- shower to done in 10 minutes!

ps- Don't you just adore my goofy camera smile?

10 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
VERY cute! Very "That Girl," too, with the ends flipped up!! :) Haircut days are so much fun when the cut turns out well!! Enjoy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It looks great! Makes me want to go get a haircut except that I wouldn't have my husband's blessing. He prefers it long but that looks nice and cool in this weather.

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Sweet and sassy! I love it. I wish mine had the body to flip so easily.

Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...
Ohh I love the new cut. I have been jonesing for a new look as well, but I think I am going for the pixie cut...way short.

Yours looks great and is very "you".

Blogger Seri said...
Oh how cute! I wish I had the nerve, but I can't stand the way I look with short hair. I think I'm going for the hippie look now. It's almost down to the middle of my back. I even bought new groovey glasses recently, and they make the look! ;)

Blogger Andria said...
Very sexy, very chic!

Blogger Jill said...
I gasped first thing when I saw the "after" picture because that is SO STINKIN' CUTE!! I love it on you! VERY becoming!! Good job. Now if I could just get my stylist to call me back so I could get in this week... that'd be great.

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Slush,
Ha, ha -- I just went and got my hair cut today, too, and then just now checked out your blog -- and discovered our cuts are so very similar.

(*singing*) Cousins, cousins, dah-dah-dah-dah-dah cousins...

Ain't we cute?

Blogger Carbon said...
I like it too. I think it makes you look younger. I like the little flips at the end...I always have that too when I cut my hair shorter.

Blogger Amy said...
I LOVE it!!! I grow my hair, cut 12 inches off (for Locks of Love), grow it out, repeat. I absolutely love the cut you got and love how easy it will be for you! You are so brave!