July 26, 2006
Economics
My hair is still perfectly coiffed when I awake in the morning. I feel like a movie star. Except I'm not 110 lbs, my makeup isn't still on, and I am getting up at a rather unglamorous hour...

I was wandering the aisles of eBay the other night, and I ran across these:


They're wax seals, in case you couldn't tell. I don't really collect anything, but if I could, I would collect antique wax seals. I love them. I have a couple of modern day ones, but nothing like these beauties.

So I was wondering, in my absence of frequent posts, what would you collect if money weren't an issue?

7 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
Books. Possibly first editions, possibly just unusual and out of print stuff, but books! :)

Although I'm starting to collect purses for no real reason.....

Anonymous Melani said...
I'm not sure what I would collect, maybe items I picked up on my travels. If money wasn't an issue, I would spend it on traveling to all parts of the world.

Blogger Carbon said...
I don't really collect a lot of things either. But I like home stuff, especially kitchen gadgets. Maybe really big art pieces.

Blogger Robyn said...
Well, if money is not an issue, I'll assume storage space is not either. In that case, I would collect wine glasses.

Blogger auntdaisy said...
I would have a room of nothing but cookie jars...not new ones OLD vintage originals more than what I have collected now at this point! I have now in my collection approximately 25 now...need to come see them slush..they are cool!

Blogger Jill said...
Shoes. I would have more shoes than Star Jones! I love them. All kinds. I just don't buy that many because as it is now, money IS an issue and my husband would croak!! He's already about to croak over the money I spent at Target this morning.... I couldn't resist, though! They had 75% off their toys and I have Christmas and birthday shopping done for my girls! That's good, right?

Blogger cjoy said...
I responded here once, but apparently it didn't take. :(
Old, antique books. And old signed books (as long as they interest me, of course). This year I had a few items like this given to me as gifts and it whet my appetite for it!