August 28, 2006
A fly in our rented CRV
As we drive around Oahu, Hatchling has a lot to say. I mean a lot. Some of the cuter ones...

Look Daddy! A SPACESHIP! A spaceship! More spaceshipes please! (there are a profusion of giant, very symetrical pine trees all over the place, and they do indeed look like spaceships)

Uh-Oh! Green! Go Daddy!
(L taught Hatchling all about stop lights. For some reason, he says "uh oh" everytime one is green. And you should have heard him screaming when L turned right on red...)

Blankie's crying.
(because whatever Hatchling wants is not being given/done right away. Elmo has also done a lot of crying)

Trolley! Bus! Airplane! Choo choo! Ride please!!!

I like juice.
(anytime he is given milk. If given juice, "I like milk")

And now, we are off to the beach to build some sand castles... which translates roughly to Hatchling flinging sand at passers by with his shovel...
3 Comments:
Blogger Damselfly said...
Great! Sounds like Hatchling isn't missing Disney at all. Hope you're having fun, too.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ahhh, the beach. Nice. Drink a rasberri margarita for me. They are deeeelicious...especially on the beach.
I KNOW your having fun. Hope you come back.....

Blogger Jill said...
Ok, this is a bit stalkerish, but I had a dream about you guys. There was your husband standing in what looked like an airport and he called out "Hatchling!" and this little boy comes running over to him. You were sitting on a bench kinda overseeing everything. I thought to myself, "I bet that's Slush! I don't know of anyone else that has a kid named Hatchling. I should go say something to her and welcome her back from Hawaii, but that might be a little stalker-like, so I probably shouldn't" And then I woke up. I saw something about Hawaii on TV yesterday and then read some blogs before I went to bed, so I'm guessing that's how it all came about for my dream. Anyway, hope you guys are having/had a great time! Can't wait to see pictures!!