September 1, 2006
We're Baaaack!
I'm home! In my luxuriously sized abode. Even if we could move to Hawaii, we couldn't afford a 700 sf house, let alone our grand 2600 sf house. So I'm thankful... even though I have to live in Arkansas, at least I have a wonderful home and family close by. It's almost as good as living in paradise, right?

I know you want to hear all about our trip (and even if you don't, you will), but I don't have it in me yet. First, I have to catch up with all of you- and my goodness did you blog a lot while I was gone! After that, I have to figure out how to reset Hatchling's clock. L and I are pretty much over our jet- lag, but Hatchling is having some issues.

At one o'clock in the morning.

His room is directly over the master bedroom.

And he is as vocal as his mother about his displeasure... So pretty much if Hatchling isn't happy, no one is happy. But he's just so doggone cute that it's hard to get mad at him... well, it's not that hard at one in the morning...

A great surprise upon our return (besides all the rain that saved our lawn) was our 171-H, Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. This is the holy grail of adoption paperwork. Some people have to wait months and months for it. I didn't expect it for a few more weeks at least, so we were pretty happy. Now I need two more pieces of paperwork re-signed (hopefully both will happen today) and then I can send all to the Secretary of State to be certified. The paperchase is almost over!
5 Comments:
Blogger Fizzle said...
...welcome back!

Blogger Amy said...
welcome back!! So glad you had such a wonderful trip!! And congratulations on the paperwork!!

Blogger Damselfly said...
Let's see, you live in Ark., which I keep seeing ads for, featuring beautiful fall colors on high rocky overlooks; you just got back from Hawaii; and you got adoptions papers in the mail! All in the same week! Sounds great to be you.

=:+{}

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Welcome back!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your Notice of Favorable Determination!! That's awesome!! :) Hopefully, Hatchling is just experiencing jetlag and will get over it soon - kids are flexible little critters, so you shouldn't have to listen to midnight howling for too long!! ;) Glad you're back safe & sound!!

Blogger Hillary said...
Yay! Welcome back! Hawaii - what a fabulous vacation! Woohoo!

An even bigger WOOHOO for the paperwork! I'm so glad you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel will all of those pesky forms and papers!