October 3, 2006
Strong Enough
Yesterday morning, I got up and went to spinning class. I am just like Sheryl Crow... only without the hotness, the cancer, and the huge Lesbian following. But other than that, we are just alike. Oh, but I can't sing... or play the guitar. You get the idea, right? I'm actually nothing like Sheryl Crow. Unless her tushie is saddle sore, too...

What else has been going on? Hmmmm... Oh, I decided to teach myself how to crochet last week, and I have a baby blanket for Julio about half done. If I am every feeling less lazy than at this moment, I'll take a pic so you can see my handiwork (not that it is fabulous or anything, but I figure a baby won't know the difference, right?).

And now, I must somehow find the energy to shower and move on with my day. I don't know how you working people do it...
5 Comments:
Blogger Amy said...
Awhile back I was determined that I was going to teach myself how to knit. I bought two books, I went to buy supplies and I was overwhelmed. The things they listed in the book were not on the average knitting shelf (sure, 10" knitting needles, but not in #6 width!) I finally gave up. I wish I had someone to teach me so I could spend my time in front of the tele watching football and doing something slightly girlie!!

Blogger Katrina said...
I went to a spinning class once. I couldn't sit down for a week. I had bruises in places where I didn't know I had places.

They told me I would get fanny calluses eventually, but I wasn't about to stick around and find out.

You are my hero!

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Hey Slush,
If you ever need any crocheting hints, our Molly-girl has become quite the efficianado...

She's so NOT like me, it's scary.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I tried to learn to crochet, but I never had the patience to actually finish a project! Actually, that holds true with most any craft project I attempt. I love starting projects, but I never finish them!! I think I have about 6 half-done craft projects in little plastic bags hanging up in my closet...a quilt I started to make years ago, the crocheting stuff, and two or three cross-stitch projects. Sigh. Well, if I ever get bored, I can just grab a bag and keep going, I guess! lol!

Blogger Damselfly said...
What? You don't have a huge lesbian following? Just kidding.... I hear ya about the shower. Since having my baby (now four weeks old already!), taking a shower has become, like, my only beauty indulgence.