October 17, 2006
We Have A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our agency doled out 4 referrals yesterday (and we didn't get one), so I figured we would be waiting at least another week for our sweet baby.

You can imagine the surprise then, when my phone rang whilst I was checking out my books at the library today, and I heard these sweet words, "Slush, I'm calling about the referral of a baby boy. Do you think you're interested?"

Poor library checker out man who stood there, unsure and concerned, as I stammered and burst into tears, all while laughing and holding up his line! I rushed right home to see the pictures (crying most of the way), and I have to tell you, I think he is a doll. I was worried that we would get an ugly baby, and while I would have loved him anyway, it might have taken longer. No fears though, I'm completely in love with this one. And he has hair much like his daddy, so I think it is a match made in Heaven!

He was a mere 4 lbs, 11 oz at a week old, which seems small compared to our 10 lbs, 10 oz at birth Hatchling! Is he not the cutest thing? I could just eat him... but I won't. I will however, give him more smooches than he can stand for the next rest of his life. Cause that's what mommies do.

Oh, his birth name is Andres, which I really like. I'm hoping we can keep it as part of his new name. He just doesn't look like a Julio.
7 Comments:
Blogger beth said...
OMG! That's so awesome. Congratulations! :) :) :)

When do you get to bring him home? (I have no clue about Guatemalan timelines.)

(And I totally agree that Andres is a neat name.)

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
It will be 6-8 months before we can bring him home. Some babies fly through the system in 4 months, so I am just going to pray that we get through as quickly as possible!

Blogger beth said...
It occurred to me that I utterly forgot to mention how adorable he is (which he is!) Late afternoon brain-deadness is all I can claim.

6-8 months will fly by (while, most likely, at the same time dragging incredibly), but I'll be hoping for shorter, too!

Blogger Damselfly said...
So wonderful! So happy for you! He looks so sweet. Have a safe trip. Welcome home, Andres!

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Oh Slush! I am so, so happy for you. How wonderful...!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a little cutie pie!

Blogger Lisa said...
He's SO cute! I'm praying it all goes smoothly and quickly for you guys.