November 27, 2006
Vespers with Hatchling
L and I have been saying bedtime prayers with Hatchling for a while now. First, we just said them and made him fold his hands properly. Then, we would say a line and have him repeat the line. Now we are trying to transition to him saying them himself. Here's a sampling of his own delightful little prayers:

"Dear Lord Jesus. Thank you! Jesus! Thank you for my tag (the blue blanket he carries everywhere- he rubs the tag on his nose and sucks his thumb). Thank you for my blankie. Thank you for my Elmo. Thank you for my other Elmo's. Thank you for my other blankie (we have a backup). Hmmmm... garblegarblegarble. Thank you for riding my bicycle. Thank you for Papa. Thank you for (mickey) mouse. Thank you for my door. Thank you for my fan. We lub you Jesus. garblegarblegarble. AMEN!!!"

I bet God thinks it's even cuter and sweeter than we do.
4 Comments:
Blogger Amy said...
I have no doubt that God smiles at our children's prayers. They are wonderful gifts, those bits of sunshine!

Blogger Hillary said...
I'm pretty sure THAT'S why Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me."

That's precious!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That IS sweet. Tooter's prayers are somewhat similar, though she also adds..."thank you for bleed on your hands"...amazing.h

Blogger Damselfly said...
Let the little children come....

Hey, your blog stopped updating in my aggregator, so I haven't been reading you! Argh! I'll fix it.