January 10, 2007
All kinds of naked
In desperation to have Hatchling potty trained by the time baby brother comes home, I made him run around naked the other day. Well, not completely naked. He was wearing socks and a shirt, but his cute little tooshie was exposed for the world to see. He quickly confirmed my suspicion that he "gets" the potty thing by not having a single accident.

The next day, I put some of his new Cars underwear on him and turned him loose. He did almost as well with those. The only onsies issue we had was when I was on the phone and he needed to go. I told him to go ahead and I would be there in a minute. He went into the bathroom, sat on the potty, and went. Unfortunately, he failed to lower his underpants first. Silly boy!

Alas, there's the twosies. He will start saying, "hurry! We gots to hurry, Mommy!"... but it's too late. Everytime we've had poo for the last three days, it has been in the pants. What's up with that? Anyone have any brilliant suggestions?

I'm a mommy on the edge.
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have no advice -- my 3yo son won't poo at all on the potty! He usually goes around naptime, so he actually asked for a pullup the other day, poo'd in it, then we changed him back into his undies. Sigh. I figure he'll get it eventually! When I was pregnant with him, I told my then 3yo daughter that the new baby couldn't come out unless she was potty trained! It worked.

Blogger Amy said...
you are so brave, asking for potty training advice!! I say, he's close, he's telling you that he knows when it's going to happen, it just happens too fast for him to get to the right place. He'll get it. He'll start to realize the signals earlier. Patience. (and lots of praise)

Blogger beth said...
No advice tried by me - but if you have the time (and that's a big if, I know) what my mom always recommends for my eventual children is, when they're old enough to give you signals like Hatchling is doing, take one day or two where you go sit on the potty every 30 minutes for 2 minutes and encourage the poo. But I have no kids, so I don't know how viable that is as advice. :) Good luck!