February 7, 2007
My Dangerous Precedent
When we first started this whole potty training debacle, I purchased this book for Hatchling. We read it every time he sat on the potty and he just loved it. Unfortunately, he went on a rampage and started breaking everything in sight, and we started making him throw away things he broke (hoping he would see the consequences and, well, stop breaking everything). As his little tush mellowed on the potty one night, he started ripping his book apart. I'm sure it was a turned up edge, which looked like it needed pulling on, and it was slippery slope from there. After he showed daddy, it was off to the trash can.

He's been good for a while now, and he sorely misses his Ernie book, so the other night, I ordered him another one. It arrived yesterday afternoon, and I informed Hatchling that it was a surprise for him that he would get next time he pooped in the potty (we had some success this weekend, but very little).

That kid.

For the next hour, he ran to the potty every ten minutes and you could hear him straining! He finally managed to get some out, got his book, went upstairs to read it, and crapped his pants. We're so proud.

So today, I told him that he would get a surprise if he doesn't poop his pants all day. Of course, ten minutes later, he pooped in the potty. I have no surprises, so we will be hitting the store on our errands later. This may turn out to be more expensive than diapers...

Coming soon... Dragon Tales....
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
I dunno if he's into Hot Wheels yet, but oh, those were a life saver for me. They are less than a buck and you can never have to many. Also, little packs of raisins or if you're not a sugar freak, you could give him little fun size candies. The hot wheels always worked well with our son, and our daughter is learning now and likes to get a piece of candy corn.

Blogger Hillary said...
I love how litteral kids are! Poop in the toilet = tiny squidge in the potty and a huge mess in the diaper. That's hillarious! Glad to see things progresing!

Also glad to see you back! I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering how life was in Slushville. I said a little prayer for a speedy delivery! :)

Blogger Damselfly said...
I don't have any knowledge about this potty business, but all I can say is God bless ya!