March 1, 2007
I've got a secret to tell you...
We got out of PGN today!

Ahhhhhh.... I can't tell you the emotions I am dealing with now. Today has been a really tough day. An announcement was made in Guatemala today that could potentially impact adoptions (even in-process ones) very, very negatively. I really wanted to get out yesterday, before whatever the news was was released. That wasn't God's plan though. In His infinite grace, He did allow us to get the call tonight at 8:20 pm. Thank you Lord, our baby is coming home!

Now we have to wait for the final birthmother sign-off, then a new birth certificate will be issued with our last name, and then an appointment will be made with the US Embassy. There are a couple of weeks in March during which the embassy is closed due to some big conference, and they are closed for holy week, so it will probably be mid-late April before we get to go get him. None of that matters though, because he is legally ours as soon as the sign-off occurs!

"Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."
Psalms 28: 6-7

Thank you Lord for blessing us with this beautiful new son!


There were many outs today, but it seems like just as many previos, and some of them were to people who have been waiting much longer than we have. Can you please keep these people in your prayers, as well as the state of Guatemalan adoptions in general? There is a great deal of fear in the air right now, and I feel for all the families in different stages of the process.
6 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
SLUSH, I AM DOING THE BIGGEST HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

sorry for the all caps, I'm just really really excited! Sending a huge celebratory hug to you!

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Ditto to what Hillary said - that is so AWESOME!! :) Congratulations, Slush!!

BTW - have you guys registered anywhere?

Blogger Amy said...
I am so excited for the entire Slush family!! This is a great answer to prayer!! Congratulations!

Blogger Damselfly said...
Congratulations!

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Exhulting with you!! YAY!!!
(God always has perfect timing, no matter what.)

Blogger beth said...
Oh Yay! That's fantastic!!!

Can't wait to hear that you're all at home :)