March 20, 2007
My new disease
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I very nearly had a heart attack at the gym? Well, I went back twice last week and indeed, the chest pain is still there. Bummer. So, after some internet research (which is where all the best medical advice comes from, right?), I've decided I have Costochondritis. (funnily enough, spell check tries to change that to hypochondriac...)

L thinks I have whatever it is called when you think you have everything you read about, but what does he know? It's not him dieing on the treadmill.

Instead of getting better, I think it's getting worse. If I push on my sternum/ rib area, it hurts like crap. You'd think I would stop that, but I keep doing it to see if it still hurts. Pretty much I'm just an idiot. Yep, just checked, still hurts. Also, when I take a deep breath, like when I'm walking through Wal-Mart and fighting the urge to knock Hatchling upside the head with a pound of nitrate-free bacon because he is reaching and grabbing for everything he can to try and stop the cart while I try to push it, then it hurts.

I just don't know how I could have injured it...

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hope you start feelin' better. And that little man is adorable. I could eat him up!

Blogger lawyerchik said...
LOVE the pictures!! :) What a great post for the next-to-first day of Spring!!

Not to be nosy/know-it-all-y, but is it possible you are anemic? I had chest pain about 9-10 years ago that had me in the hospital overnight with the same kind of pain, and it turned out that my hemoglobin was 8.something (which is not at all good).

After a brief investigation in which leukemia was suspected, they found out I was just really anemic and that if I were to take iron supplements, I would feel better.

Your doctor could tell that from blood tests, but it's a possibility .....

Hope you feel better and that it turns out to be something minor.

Enjoy the day, Slushie!! :)

Blogger Amy said...
What a beautiful child!! He's adorable!!

I hope the pain goes away, too, but I'd be checking it out with an MD who's first name isn't "web". Just an idea. ;o)

Happy Spring!!