March 30, 2007
Ta da!
We got H2's new birth certificate yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We weren't expecting it until at least late next week, so this was a happy occasion (celebrated by a serving each of honey and cinnamon encrusted sopapillas at our local Mexican place... I now weigh 1000 lbs.)!

Now they have to get him a new passport, then we will be submitted to the embassy for a visa appointment. Hopefully we'll know when we go get him next week, but with the Easter slowdown, it might be the week after. Or heck, it could be the week after that. Who really knows?

baby.steps.
7 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
OH SLUSH!!!! This is soooo close! (though I know it may not seem that way for you!) I'm so excited for you!!!

Blogger beth said...
Oh yay! You're nearly there!! :) Can't wait to hear about you getting him home.

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Woo-hoo! He's almost home! :)

I can't help but chuckle over a baby getting his picture for a passport, though...it all seems a bit funny to me.

Blogger lawyerchik said...
I second the WHOO-HOO!! The loud noise you hear from someplace up north is me. :) CONGRATULATIONS on the birth certificate!!!

Blogger Amy said...
This is awesome news!! What a comforting step!! I know it feels like forever, but it won't be long now! Yippee!! Praise the Lord!!

Blogger Jill said...
That's so cool!!! And I have to know, is the sopapilla place the same as the Mexican place where you'd order the number 8 or whatever it was and a Diet Coke and still lose weight? Cause if it is, I'm going to go there, too! :)

Can't wait to hear when little H2 gets to be home with you guys!!

Blogger Jill said...
Ok, Jose's is only about 3 minutes from my house in high traffic... yeah, the whole pregnancy cravings thing is happening right now for sopapillas... we need Mexican for dinner tonight!! :) Or Shake's. That would be good, too. I was devestated when the S'dale Shake's left us. I mean, seriously, I nearly cried. How bad is that? :)