April 24, 2007
Happiness is....
Sitting at your laptop, fashionable HotSling donned, with a snoring angel curled up inside it.


Ahhhh.... we got here about 1 today and checked in, unpacked, and took a nap before it was time to meet little H2. I was really nervous about the hand-off. I felt bad for both H2 and his foster mother, but they both did great. He was fussy when we got him, but I walked him around for a few minutes and he fell asleep. He didn't sleep long, but it was enough that he was sweet and smiley for the rest of the day.

H2's foster mother gave us a sweet baby album filled with some of his early photos, and I was so touched that she thought of it. What a sweet woman. She told us all about how H2 acts and likes things to be done. They called him "gordo" which means fat (I think), which is hysterical considering Hatchling was this big at 2 weeks.

I think we are all three done for the day. We have to be fed, dressed and ready to leave here at 730 in the morning for our Embassy appointment. So good night all!
9 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
Oh Slush!!! (heh, I think my last, what? four? comments have begin that way!) You're there! He's yours! He's IN! YOUR! ARMS! What an awesome, awesome answer to prayer. Still praying that all the final details go off without a hitch!

And what a sweet thing his foster mom did in putting together that album for you!

Blogger Hillary said...
um... have begUn that way...

Blogger ~cjoy said...
Oh! I'm so so so happy for you. I even got chills reading this. I've been anticipating this day with you. Thank you for sharing the moment.

Blogger Amy said...
I was thinking of you and wondering just what that moment must feel like. I know it will be a complete joy when you walk him through the doors of your own home. I am so happy for all of you!! What an incredible blessing!

Blogger lawyerchik said...
This is such great news - I am so happy for you!! That baby book is going to be wonderful for him as he grows up - to know that so many people loved him!

Have a safe trip back!!

Blogger beth said...
Yay!

And how cool about the album - what a fantastic gift!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thrilling news! I've been watching your painful wait and feeling it with you. Can't wait to meet him. That last photo was truly delicious!! Blessings!! :D

Blogger Damselfly said...
So H2 is yours for good now?! I hope I didn't miss anything....

Blogger Jill said...
Well, praise the Lord!!! I've been watching your blog to see the latest and I'm so happy you've got him finally!!! Can't wait to see new pics and hear new updates! Congrats!!!!!