April 29, 2007
Home!
We are home with our wonderful new addition! He is doing very well, and I promise to post pics and tell you all about our trip soon. In the meantime, let me tell you about this morning.

We were getting ready to leave for church, and I had H2 strapped in his carseat and sitting in the living room. I was in the kitchen getting the diaper bag together, and L was getting dressed. H2 was pretty mad about something, so Hatchling decided to take things into his own hands. He started rocking the carseat (not that gently, but it's the thought that counts), and singing "rock a bye baby", except he didn't know all the words, so he just left little pauses when he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be saying. It was the sweetest, cutest thing I have ever seen. I only wish I had it on video. Goodness, I love that bratty little boy of mine. (I love the not so bratty little one too, lest ye be concerned!).

And being a mother of two, kicking me in the pants. I'm exhausted!
10 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
Welcome home!! Glad you made it back safely, and that you have both of your little ones with you!! :) Can't wait to see pictures!

Blogger Amy said...
Welcome home to the entire slush family!! How exciting for all of you!! I'm sure it was fun to show off H2 and Hatchling's big brother adoration at church!!

Can't wait to see pics - hurry up with those (like you don't have anything else to be doing!!)

Blogger Newlywife said...
Congratulations! What an exciting time for you...

I'm with everyone else on the pictures!

Blogger jenny said...
Here via Amy...

Congratulations! Am off to read more of your story :)

Blogger Mig said...
Sounds like lots of fun in your house.

I'm here via Amy too.

Congratulations!

Blogger Unknown said...
Oh my H2 is absolutely adorable!! His dimples are so cute!!! He is a great addition to our family!! love ya aunty daisy!!

Blogger Aaron and Sara said...
OHHH, I wis I COULD SEE HIM!! How wonderful to read "being a mother of two". What a relief this whole thing is. I'm just amazed that you actually have him now. Wow. Can't imagine the impact that you guys are going to have on this little one....and he on you.
So sweet about Hatchling. Is he adjusting to not being the only one??

Blogger Damselfly said...
Hurray! Can't wait to hear all about him.

Blogger lawyerchik said...
BTW, new Happy Mother's Day for H2 - Hatchling, too!! :)

Blogger Amy said...
Happy Mother's Day, slush!! What a wonderful day I'm certain it was for all of you!