February 4, 2008
And henceforth he shall be known as...
Donkey Kong?

You know how in the old Donkey Kong game, DK was up there at the top throwing things at you as you tried to save the girl? Yes, well, apparently H2 has been exposed to this somehow. Or maybe he's just a natural...


Around 1 a.m. every night, H2 wakes up, looks around his room, and begins a killer Donkey Kong impression. There is bottle banging against the crib. Followed by the sound of said bottle being thrown across the room. Will it hit the wall or just bounce on the carpet? Oh the anticipation! Then there is cage rattling. Cage rattling is my favorite! This is where he stands up, grabs the crib rail, and shakes it to his little heart's content. The more noise the better! I have to tighten the screws on his crib once a week, and they are all most all the way out by then! And let's not forget the most awesome of sports, mattress surfing! For this, he gets on all fours and rocks back and forth so that those of us who have rooms below his hear a persistent "squeak, squeak, squeak" for what seems like hours at a time.

While we can ignore a certain amount of noise, he's a little excessive. Poor kid, I'd love to open his door when I go to bed, because it's cold in there and I want to let some heat in. However, he is doomed to cold when he makes so much noise that no one else can sleep. I'll try it on especially cold nights, and after three or four post-midnight trips up to his room to quiet him down, I just give up and close the door. A mother can only take so much, after all.


Diet update- hmmm.. looks like yesterday I totaled a measly 458 of my alloted 1353 calories (after exercise was taken into account), but racked up a whopping 19 of my 23 points. That explains some things my friends. I'll keep up both for a few more days, but it's looking like points might be a better option...
1 Comments:
Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Oh, how I love that wild monkey boy of yours (well, BOTH wild monkey boys, actually).

That being said, TAG, YOU'RE IT. (Meme time, baby.)