February 4, 2008
Fatty McFatty
If I don't lose at least 2 lbs by next Monday, I'm going to have to change the blog name to FattyPantsSlush, or maybe LASlush (for lard you-know-what). It will be very sad to be known as such in the blogosphere, so perhaps this will be enough inducement for me to cease eating. Here's hoping, anyway.

I've gained about 8 lbs since November, and I think it's pretty safe to say that it has all been fat. Do you know how big 8 lbs of fat is, my friends? Well, me neither, so in my quest to be useful, I've scrounged up a picture of 1 lb of fat. Behold its gory glory:

Mmmm... fat. No need to thank me folks, I'm a giver. So there you go, now we can all envision what that extra lb will look like peeking over the edge of our jeans. Hooray!

Now, should I count WW Points (how I lost the 800 baby lbs + an extra 20) or count calories (how I've maintained, but I don't think I've ever lost any more)? Questions, questions. I've decided to track both for the week and then look at them. I have a feeling that I eat less with points for some reason, but I don't really have an explanation for this. I mean, technically I could eat more because there are some 0 point foods, but I don't think I consume any of those. I'm a paragon of healthfulness, I know. Is healthfulness actually a word, or did I just make that up?

Oh dear Lord, I'm so hungry.
3 Comments:
Blogger beth said...
I will go with healthfulness as a word. :)

A doctor I used to go to would sell you a plastic replica of a pound of fat to try and incentivize you to lose weight. Cause everyone's mantel needs a pound of fat on it, right?

Good luck with your decision (points vs. calories)!

Blogger Katrina said...
How do you dust a one-pound fat replica mantel decoration? 'Cuz inquiring minds want to know.

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Euw. Thanks, Slush. Now I've totally lost my appetite! ;)

Good luck with the weight loss thing, though. Michigan has this gimmick going on right now of a two-step process to lose weight and get healthier: eat less, move more. (Sigh!) So, why do I still crave paczkis?