March 13, 2008
In which you realize what a goober I am and quit reading my blog...
I've been hearing this song on the radio for a few weeks. While it isn't exactly quality music, it is catchy, and darn if I don't stop flipping radio channels every time I hear it. It's See You Again by Miley Cyrus. What am I, twelve? I'm so embarrassed for myself. I was never cool, but this may be a new low.

In other news, have you heard the story about the mother who took the keys away from the baby (so she could unlock the car, the cruel witch), and then had her future wrestler head butt her right in the jaw and dislocate it? I'm not exaggerating kids- we just got back from the chiropractor, who had to try several times before *pop* it was back in the right place and I didn't feel like a walking caricature of myself. It didn't hurt (well, except for the initial being knocked nearly unconscious by my 17 month old), but it did feel rather strange. The Angry Guatemalan (his pro-wrestling name, I think) is fine. He shocked himself right out of his tantrum with that one. Do not screw with the baby people. You will be sorry. Oh yes.

Right- in the next hour I need to vacuum, dust, finish 3 loads of laundry and have an Easter egg hunt with Hatchling (they colored eggs at school today). Why don't mommy's get nap times?
4 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
He dislocated your jaw? What are feeding that kid? Spinach, like Popeye?

I would explain to you why mommies don't get naps, but I'd feel a bit sheepish, since I just got up from an unprecedented hour-long snooze on the couch. It wasn't my fault, though. The nap just leaped upon me, like a jungle cat!

Blogger beth said...
So..um..I'm a goober too, I guess. Cause I really like that song.

Yeah, 12 year olds anonymous.

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
Like a jungle cat, Katrina? I like it.

Beth, I always knew we were kindred dorks, er, I mean spirits...

Blogger TheOilHippie said...
Your poor jaw!!! I don't know how many times I have been hit in the nose by the head of one of my darlings and many times I've thought my nose to be broken... but to dislocate your jaw - WOW!!!!