April 18, 2008
I love my gym
They allow me to pay hundreds of dollars a year to use their facilities 100 times a year (that's a very optimistic view of my gym attendance).

They have plush little orange chairs in the women's locker room, just in case you need a place to sit and relax while you finish your Wal Mart list and try not to stare at the 70 year old Asian woman who proudly walks around without a stitch on as she gets ready.

They have not yet kicked my eldest out of their childcare center, despite his abundance of 'incident reports'.

But mostly, I love my gym because when I email them about something, it always go the owner. And usually, I have a response within hours, if not minutes. It may just be, "forwarded to such and such, sent my from blackberry", but it's a response. And I'm prone to emailing people at midnight on Saturday, figuring they'll answer on Monday. So kudos to you, Mr. Gym Owner. You rock.
1 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
Now that's customer service! (And 100 times is about 90 times more than I attended in the year that I held my gym membership, so kudos to you, too!)