April 16, 2008
My Addictive Personality
Lately I've been spending a lot of time doing two things (thank goodness we have a robotic mop, else the children would be walking in foot deep grime by now!). The first is playing free rice. It's a little vocabulary game you play and for every correct answer, you help donate free rice to starving persons around the globe. Win-win. The highest score I've managed to get is 44, so feel free to go and beat me now. It's OK, I have toddlers and few brain cells left. And I'm OK with it. So there.

The other thing I've been doing is devouring Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. She makes me want to sell my house and move to a ranch. And I'd like for L to wear some chaps now and again, but I don't see that happening either. At least we can all live vicariously through her and her trusty Nikon (be sure and check out her photography section, complete with stunning pics of wild mustangs, and her cooking section, which features loads of real butter). Seriously, I want to be her friend. I spent days reading the tale of her romance with Marlboro Man. L thinks I might be stalking her (I'm not)(yet). So go, enjoy.

Funny story (completely unrelated). I went to wake Hatchling up from his nap the other day, as it was time to take him to my sister's house (which will soon be in that state I hate, CO). He was all sweaty and rosy and delicious as he looked and around and asked "where's my mommy?"

"Ummm... I'm your mommy, Hatchling."

"I want my mommy to hold-you-me*. I'm gonna go ask her." (he hops out of bed and heads down the stairs)

"Hatchling! Turn around. Who do you think I am?"

"Hmmm... maybe I'll ask Daddy if he can find my mommy. I need her to to hold-you-me."

"Seriously Hatchling. Still.your.mommy. Right here."

"Hey, Daddy? Where's my mommy? I need her to hold-you-me."

At this point I just gave up and went to get DK. He was at least happy to see me. Silly kids. Hey, I sat down to print out a naan recipe like an hour ago, and I still haven't done it. Since the whole fam will be here later for indian food, methinks I should get to work.

*He used to say this when he wanted to be held. We only hear the gem these days when he's tired or sick. So sweet. Why must they grow?
1 Comments:
Blogger TheOilHippie said...
Loving Free Rice - thanks for the link!!!