June 9, 2008
I wonder what she was doing in there....
We go to a big church. I mean big. As in we have barcodes to scan to get tags in which to check our children in and out. It's actually an awesome system. I've been begging the gym to get one for years, but that's another story. Yesterday, we stopped to drop of H2, whose building we come to first from the parking lot. As usual, his teachers weren't there yet (they attend the earlier service, so we usually have to wait for them to make their way over to us). (Funny story- the Curious George band aid that I put over my knee where I cut it shaving last night just fell off on one side, brushing my leg and feeling like a ginormous spider crawling up my leg, and I jumped about 20 feet in the air. No kidding.) Because I'm kind of a lacksadaisical parent, I just send my kids into the room and let them start pulling all the toys out. If it keeps them entertained, I figure everyone is happy. After waiting 10 minutes or so (we were inexplicably early yesterday), a woman comes to the door and kind of smiles at us. I grin and explain that we just sent the kids in to play and she nods and enters, without a word. She then pulls out a set of keys, unlocks a storage closet in the room, and enters, without turning on the lights, and closes the door behind her.

And that was the last we saw of her.

L eventually had to leave to take Hatclhing to his room, 2 buildings away. I continued to wait with H2 until they finally came and closed this class, putting him in the room next door (in the summer especially, we have huge teacher shortfalls and there is lots of shuffling to make sure all the kids have a place to go).

The lady in the closet never re-emerged. At least, not for the 15 minutes or so that I stood there. L and I had fun making up stories about her and what she was doing for the rest of the day. What do you guys think she was up to?
5 Comments:
Blogger AfricaBleu said...
Definitely some kind of super-hero thing going on. She probably changed into her costume and flew through a special hole in the roof. "My Sundayschool senses are tingling..."

Blogger Katrina said...
I like Africableu's guess! Definitely some kind of superhero. Either that or one of those subterranean mole-people who live in a catacomb of networked passages underground. Next time you're there, check that closet for hidden tunnels.

Blogger Shan said...
Was it a closet or a WARDROBE? And did she have a British accent at all? I definitely think Narnia was involved somehow.

That is really weird isn't it? teehee. I love it when stuff like that happens. ;)

Blogger Jenna Jean said...
Africableu and Shan you are way off! I heard about this church and how they have specialized prayer teams. That lady was clearly praying over the bulk storage items: toilet paper, number 2 pencils, and tissues!

Blogger AfricaBleu said...
JENNA! I love it! You win.