June 24, 2008
No Dough Pizza
I'm always looking for new recipes. In fact, in a given week, we probably have something new 2-3 nights. If it weren't for the lovely internet, we'd be over run with cook books!

I made this last night and it is definitely a keeper! I got the base from recipezaar but here is how I made it!

No Dough Pizza

1 lbs ground turkey (normally, I'm not a fan of the texture of ground turkey, but it was actually good in this)
2 c shredded mozzarella, separated
1/2 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce
Canadian Bacon, diced
Turkey Pepperoni (who knew they even made this? It's good though!)
Onion, diced
Green Pepper, diced
Mushrooms, sliced
pizza seasoning, to taste (I think I used about 2 teaspoons)

1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2- In a skillet, brown turkey with onion. Add pizza seasoning (I also threw in a teaspoon or so of minced garlic, cause I pretty much do that to everything I cook...)

3- Remove skillet from heat and mix in one cup of cheese with meat mixture.

4- Spread mixture onto baking stone or pizza pan (this is the "crust") and top with pizza sauce.

5- Top with your toppings of choice- I used Canadian bacon, diced green peppers, sliced mushrooms, a can of sliced olives, and pepperoni, but the world is your oyster here kids! Please don't forget to wash your mushrooms like I did, cause then you'll worry about dying from some dreadful mushroom disease all night.

6- Top with remaining cup of cheese and bake for 25 minutes until cheese is melted.

Enjoy! I served this with a big salad, and it made 4 large helpings! Obviously you can't pick this up and eat it like you would a regular piece of pizza, so it's more like a pizza pie.

Labels:

4 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
Except for the vegetables, this sounds really good, Slush! :) I'm copying this to send to my parents - my dad is doing really well on an Atkins-type diet (he's trying to stave off Type 2 diabetes and other things), so this might give him a little more variety in his quest for health. Plus, he likes vegetables.... :) Thanks for sharing your culinary creativity!!

Blogger Katrina said...
Sounds totally yummy! Thanks for the mushroom warning; sounds like something I'd do! LOL!

By the way, have you discovered flax meal muffins yet? They're a great bread-substitute, and the flax is practically carb free. A couple large tablespoons of flax meal counts as your nut allowance for the day. I often make a flax bowl muffin in the microwave and have that for breakfast--I add a little protein powder when I'm mixing it and it stays with me till lunch time (no morning energy slump!) You can also make a flax meal flat bread or flax meal pancakes.

Blogger Carbon said...
We're doing lower carb things around the house too. Not as severe as atkins but cutting out extra bread, flour and sugary stuff.

cool to try something different :)

Blogger Shan said...
Mmmmmmm. That does sound pretty tasty. You should tell us how your eating thing is going. Aren't you doing South Beach or something. I think many times on Atkins gave my hubby some serious trouble with his kidney/prostate regions. He suffered for months with this problem and has decided not to be so High protein and stuff because of it. Yikes.
I think South Beach is much healthier than the super high fat/protein thing J was doing.