August 19, 2008
I have no words...
As my niece's birthday approaches, I was delighted to get permission from my sister to do some Barbie shopping. I love Barbies. I loved them as a kid, I love them now. Hatchling kind of likes them too, but that's a whole 'nother post.

Anyway, as we cruised the aisles of Wal-Mart yesterday (have you noticed that I say Wal-Mart in like, every post I write. It's a sad, sad life I lead. And no, they don't pay me squat.), we took a preliminary gander down that pink, pink Barbie aisle. And here is what I saw:



I particularly like the bird attached to her head. Do you think that comes off? I'm sure this is meant for collectors, though why you would want to collect this is beyond me. I do wonder how my niece's psyche would hold up if this were to be her first Barbie doll? Hmmm... better not.
6 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
Hilarious! Was it right next to "Psycho" Barbie, complete with her own shower curtain and bloody knife?

Ahhh, pop culture. Gotta love it.

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Totally Hitchcock Barbie - If they have a series, you will have to buy your niece the entire collection, so that she won't miss out. :)

Blogger Jenna Jean said...
That is just WEIRD! Other than a collector no one would buy that. Well, I take that back, it would make a good gag gift.

Blogger PBandJ said...
HAHA!!! This is too funny! I think they are running out of ideas at Barbie Headquarters, or something. This would have freaked me out as a kid!

Blogger Jill said...
Now, that's taking things just a bit too far. Someone at Matel needs a little help.

Blogger Aaron and Sara said...
I know WHY you love barbies so much! The hours we spent. We even were going to market 'skinless barbie' remember?
I love them to and have had a bit of a hard time finding ones that don't look like total SLUTS..but I guess we lived thru 'kissing barbie' ok. My what big lips she had. Always ready to pucker.