August 26, 2008
I remembered!
I remember what I was going to tell you! I'm so happy that I'm not brain dead.

We were checking out at Wal-Mart yesterday and Hatchling was being especially spastic, to the point that he was interfering with the lady checking us out and bagging our groceries. On one of his orbits around me, I caught him and squatted down and said "Hatchling! You are not acting very nice, and not only is it making mommy very sad, but you are keeping this nice lady from getting her job done! She wants to check us out so that she can help other customers!" Hatchling stuck his head around the register and a said "Sorry lady!". She was abnormally cool. Usually, my kids charm the socks of cashiers, even when they are being pretty bad. They're just too cute to resist in short doses.

We finished paying and as I took the receipt from the cashier's hand, I happened to look at her name badge: Chris. And I tell you folks, there is at least a 50% chance that she was a he. Which would totally explain the coolness of the attitude....

It's just Pat.

In other news, we went out to eat L's family over the weekend, and the Angry Guatemalan reared his ugly head. He was getting fussy in his high chair after dinner, so I took him out and was holding him, and he took off his shoe and threw at my face. Not only did it hit me in the face, it then careened about 20 feet away across the restaurant. We are just so proud. I can't wait to take him on a flight to Hawaii in 3 weeks. We might be on the news in one of those "Mother and Screaming Baby Kicked Off Flight" stories. I see some benadryl in that sweet baby's future.
5 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
Oh dear! :)

Blogger Shan said...
Hawaii? How are you supposed to blog about being in Wal-Mart if you are way over there? :)

I see Benadryl in his future as well. Heck, I'd go ahead and dose the whole family for that kind of plane ride. Sounds exciting though, after you land and wake up of course. :)

Blogger Shan said...
Oh, and here is one more smiley face for the Chris/Pat bit. :)

Blogger lawyerchik said...
"It's Pat" smile over here, too! :) I think Benadryl is a wise planning choice - it's either that or take him to the vet and ask for whatever it is they give dogs to make them more travel-friendly..... :) Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Blogger Jessica said...
oh...oh MY!! I just can't see that sweet little, chocoa skinned, angel face doing that!! It makes my head hurt...he's so sweet!! Oh, benadryl...sent from heaven that stuff was.