August 12, 2008
Well, It's Not Leprosy...
After our Dr.'s appointment yesterday (where Hatchling couldn't be bothered to stop playing with the pink plastic "wheel house"- Hatchlingese for R.V.), we were told he did not have impetigo, and they wanted him to see a dermatologist. Today.

Ye old dermatologist, while holding H2 on his lap because H2 demanded it, diagnosed Hatchling with psoriasis (Hatchling couldn't be bothered to stop playing his leapster, and sighed like I asked him to swim the Atlantic when I asked him to put it down so we could take off his shirt). It was the diagnosis I was most dreading (you know, barring leukemia or something really awful). I just hate to know that my son with the smooth, smooth skin will have to deal with this for the rest of the his life. And he does have the smoothest skin I've ever beheld. Or felt. At least when it's not covered in spots and scales.

The derm does think this was brought on by a strep infection (even though he had no other symptoms) and that it hopefully won't be this bad in general. So we're going to medicate the tar out of him and go back in a month.

My poor little baby.

In a happier vein, I broke my laptop last week. That's not the happy part, in case you were wondering. Anyway, after L failed to fix it, he ordered me a Mac Book- and it will be here today. I anxiously await the UPS man, and I'm so glad he didn't come while we were at the doctor! I do feel a little bad that Brad had just promised me that when my laptop died he would buy me a Mac, and then lo and behold I go and break it good. It wasn't on purpose. I promise! I do have to admit, however, that it looks pretty bad...
3 Comments:
Blogger Katrina said...
Sorry about Hatchling's diagnosis...I hope it proves to be manageable and that the outbreaks are few and far between!

Congrats on your new MacBook! Have fun setting that puppy up with all your stuff! :)

Blogger PBandJ said...
If I thought I could get someone to get me a MacBook I would accidentally throw this laptop right out the car window while I was driving past the dump! Awesome! Let us know if it is as cool as we think it is!

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Sorry about the diagnosis, too! Hopefully, sunshine being helpful for controlling psoriasis outbreaks, Hatchling will find ways to spend as much time in the sun as possible (while doing everything to avoid actual skin damage).

Enjoy your new Mac-Book! :)