December 22, 2008
Merry Christmas From Slushville!
Since you can't all be on my actual Christmas Card List (yes, in all caps), here is a little taste of what you are missing. I know, I know. You're jealous at the 80 familial units who have made it the actual List, and I'm sorry. I really am! But I just can't do more. Maybe you could get on a waiting list if you are really bummed. It's a possibility. And just so you know, if I had it to do over again, I would have the boys sitting down for this picture. That way, H2 wouldn't look like a midget (little person?) next to his lanky brother, and perhaps H1's wrists and forearms wouldn't be so glaringly uncontained by his sleeves. On his 5T shirt! Note to self: quit feeding H1. He's getting much too big and I like him little.


Dear Friends and Family,

H1 and H2 here (mainly H1). We’re accomplished typists, and we think Mommy and Daddy are taking too long to get these Christmas cards out, so we thought we’d lend a hand.

2008 has been a pretty good year for us! H2 got his molars in and can now eat food that isn’t mush. He’s pretty excited about that. So excited, in fact, that if we don’t keep an eye on him, he climbs up on the kitchen table and helps himself to Mommy’s fruits and vegetables. That makes her really mad. H2’s also learning how to talk pretty well, and his favorite thing to say is “Cheese!”

I (H1) am almost 5 now and I figure I know just about everything there is to know. I’ve been learning about gravity this week, and we found a good book at the library that I’ve read about 100 times. I have my own library card now. It’s a big hit with the ladies. I’m hoping I’ve been good enough for Santa to bring me some Lincoln Logs this year, but Daddy says I might be getting a rock. I would just like to remind Santa, in case he is on my family’s card list, that it wasn’t me who broke that TV a couple of weeks ago. No sir, that was definitely and for sure, one hundred percent H2. So if Santa’s packing rocks for anyone, well, I think we all know who’s getting one.

Well, that’s about all. Merry Christmas to you all and a happy New Year!

Love in Christ,
The Residents of Slushville



3 Comments:
Blogger Aaron and Sara said...
I can't believe he's almost five!!!
Merry Christmas to you too!
Love you.

Blogger SlushTurtle said...
Sara you are actually on the List, but I didn't send it early, so it won't be there yet. :) Love you too!!!

Blogger Shan said...
If those kids were any cuter I would have to punch one of you! Dad Gum! And yes, Hatch 1 is getting to be quite the buck. My littlest is getting so lanky but it is super hard to find pants long enough to fit his rearless middle! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! And maybe, just maybe, Santy will bring L a brand new flat screen!! Was he good enough this year for that? :D Love to all...and sorry to hear about "Pa".