March 30, 2006
More About My Boobs....
My most recently purchased expensive bra is not comfortable. The underwires poke up almost into my underarm area, which is never a good thing.

Yesterday at the gym, as I flipped thru Cosmo and peddled my little heart out on the stationary bike, I read how to measure yourself for a bra. In case you are curious, you measure just below your bustline and add 4 if it is an even number, 5 if it is odd. Then you measure at the fullest part of your bust, and each inch over your previous measurement is a cup-size. For instance, I am 32" around my ribs, so add 4. I wear a 36. My bust is 38", so I am a 36B. Uh-huh, that's what I thought I was.

I called Victoria's Secret and they are going to let me exchange for a bra that actually fits. Apparently, the girl who waited on me was new. I guess it's true. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Oh, and L totally redeemed himself by saying "I would have guessed you were a 32..."
4 Comments:
Blogger lawyerchik said...
Of course it would be too simple for them to just size bras by the measurements they want you to take for them, huh!?! God forbid that women's clothing should actually fit! :) Good luck!

Blogger Amy said...
Hey!!! My bags arrived yesterday and they are GORGEOUS!!! You are amazing!! Thanks so much!

Blogger Unknown said...
Take those boobs and rejoice...you are Annie's Knight for April!

Blogger Carbon said...
ONce I get the little one weaned, I'll have my boobies back for regular bra wearing. Sadly, they aren't even close what they used to be back some2 years ago. I have NO IDEA what size I am now!

I read that most woman are wearing the wrong size.