May 6, 2006
My retraction... and some GOOD news
Don't you hate it when you tell the entire internet that someone is a wanker and then they redeem themselves and you feel all bad about calling them a wanker? I know I do.

We sold our house. To the wanker. OK, he really isn't a wanker. But still...

We decided to take a small loss on our house, which still amounts to less money than we would have paid in commissions if we had listed with an agent, so it's not too bad. Still, it's the first time we have ever lost any money in real estate, and it stings a little. Oh well, that's what you get when you decide to move so often.

The only contingency on the sale of our house is that a lot, which our buyers are selling, closes. It should close a week from Monday. Please pray that it goes through smoothly. After that, we are in the clear.

Also, we worked out a deal with the owner's of my much beloved ugly house*, and we are signing the contract on it on Monday. We got them to come down some on the price, and throw in a fence, so that helps even out our other loss.

In more good news, we got accepted by our adoption agency! We just have to sign and mail in our contract with a check, and we will be well on our way. Woohoo!

Now we just have to pack again. If anyone has any extra boxes, send them my way. You would think I would start keeping my moving supplies, but I don't.

*It's really not ugly... it's just not what I would have chosen on the exterior. The interior is fabulous though, and we are excited and delighted!
5 Comments:
Blogger Hillary said...
YIPPEEEEE!

I'm doing a little happy dance in my chair for you! (no, really, I did! With my arms waving and everything! :)

Congratulations!

Blogger lawyerchik said...
Wonderful! Congratulations! :) That's so exciting!! Keep us posted!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome! Praise God! Now post a photo of the ugly house so that we can know what you are talking about. :)

Blogger Carbon said...
That is great news. I'm glad it's all slowly coming to a close for you.

Blogger Katrina said...
I'm so excited that everything is going so well with your home and family wishes!